Thursday, September 23, 2010

Followup #1 to Doctor Drama!

So there was a part of the whole doctor drama story that I left out yesterday due to the fact that I needed to sleep.  In the Doctor Drama post, I said I emailed the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine to see what they say.  What I didn't say was that I also emailed Dr. Loren Cordain, professor, exercise scientist, and co-creator of the Paleo diet (which I'm a bit leary of still - cutting out all grains doesn't make sense to me), and asked him if he knew of any dermatologists in my state who would be open to working with me and my diet.  Unfortunately, he didn't know of anyone in my state (go figure), but he directed me to Dr. Valori Treloar - a certified dermatologist and nutritionist and co-author of The Clear Skin Diet (with naturopath and M.D. Dr. Alan C. Logan).  I'll email her and see what she recommends.  I've also requested her book (Hurray for Interlibrary Loan!) just to see what she and Dr. Logan say in the book and speed the process along(No redundancy!), but I must say that from what I can tell from the Amazon.com previews (Hurray for that too!), it'll be an interesting and potentially edifying read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment