Friday, July 30, 2010

The Great and Powerful Green Drink

Apparently, the green powder that I've been slacking on makes quite a big difference. I had half a scoop of the stuff in water with some coconut milk and lemon juice last night, and, when I woke up this morning, my shoulders and face were much less red and swollen. I had no idea. Sheesh.

Anyway - this is the stuff - Field of Greens by Vibrant Health. It's organic, raw, vegan, gluten-free, and filler-less. It's a bit strong by itself, so this is how I drink it most of the time.

1 tall glass water (divided)
1 scoop Field of Greens Green Powder
Juice from 1/2 a lemon
Splash of coconut milk, to taste (optional)

Fill the glass about half way with water. Add Field of Greens Green Powder, lemon juice, and coconut milk. Fill the glass the rest of the way with water. Stir until the green powder is dissolved. Enjoy immediately cold. It takes some getting used to, but the lemon really helps cut the strong green taste.

Every once in a while, I will pick up some coconut water and add in my daily powder. The sweet coconut water does plenty to mask the strong green flavor of the powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment