Thursday, July 29, 2010

My face is not happy with me - back to the strict diet

I finally took the GRE today and it feels fantastic to be done with that thing. My face, however, is not happy with me for it.

See, while there is a significant dietary/hormonal component to my acne, there is also a significant stress component too. My natural inclination is to hold stress in until whatever is stressing me out passes, after which I breathe a huge sigh of relief. Thing is, I rarely know how bad something is affecting me until after it's passed: in this case, the GRE must have really been doing a number on me because areas that have been clear for months (forehead, neck, shoulders) are now breaking out! I'm going to have to take soy (fermented and un-fermented) completely out of the picture again, and not to mention going out to eat and most desserts. I'll have to be more careful about the birth control too - I almost wonder if that could be contributing to my breakouts too. Maybe I should go back to writing a confession each time I so much as toe the line - I've not been terribly strict all summer about doing that. Perhaps its in my best interest.

Why must my body be so darn sensitive - seriously? It's driving me crazy. I don't know if I'm going to be able to reincorporate those ingredients I slashed in March after things re-clear up. Oi vey!

No comments:

Post a Comment