Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Media, Edition #8: Top Chef Tom Colicchio for improving school food

CNN reports on Top Chef host and judge Tom Colicchio's testimony in support of H.R. 5504, the Improving Nutrition for America's Children Act. While I am generally a fiscal conservative concerned about the mounting national debt, I know from personal experience that investing in good food is well worth the extra expense. I have written here many times that I feel lighter, cleaner, brighter, and more sane when I adhere to my general food principles strictly - not to mention that my face is clearer. My experience corrobates with scientific studies demonstrate that good food helps prevent and heal disease (1). The current obesity epidemic, the cost of good food, and the difficulties faced by the poor and middle classes necessitates a school lunch program where good food is the rule, not the exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment