Sunday, May 9, 2010

Confession, Edition #1

We all make poor food choices and I am no exception, so I am sharing the occasions when I break my own diet. In doing so, I hope to keep myself accountable in adhering to the diet; bring attention to the difference in cost between AFF friendly food and not-so-friendly AFF food; and show where to find AFF friendly food outside the apartment kitchen.

Local Mexican Restaurant: Bean and Cheese Tostadas on corn tortillas: dairy, non-organic

Bill: $3.48

Starbucks
-Soy Chai Latte: soy, non-organic
-Blueberry oatmeal bar: gluten, dairy, non-organic

Bill: $5.96

Total Bill: $9.44

I went out with a friend tonight and we had quite a good time. There is only one restaurant in my area that has organic food besides the natural food grocery store, so I have had to give up on non-organic foods when I eat out. I could have avoided the cheese in the tostadas, but I honestly forgot to have the food prep folks at the restaurant hold the cheese. The Starbucks order was just plain blowing off the diet, although I did manage to avoid obvious dairy with the soy milk. No excuses though – I could have just gotten good old hot tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment