Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Confession, Edition #2

We all make poor food choices and I am no exception, so I am sharing the occasions when I break my own diet. In doing so, I hope to keep myself accountable in adhering to the diet; bring attention to the difference in cost between AFF friendly food and not-so-friendly AFF food; and show where to find AFF friendly food outside the apartment kitchen.

My future roommate and I went out to dinner/dessert at the Wildflower Bread Company to discuss apartment searching stuff. Not wanting to modify the Emerald Spinach Salad yet again, I tried the Vegetarian Black Bean Soup, and it was good, filling, and cheap. It's not organic, unfortunately, but there is only one partially organic restaurant in my area, and it's a bit pricey. Not a bad deal for compromising.

The Bill: $5.18

We got dessert at the Barnes and Noble Coffee Shop. I broke the diet (again) with a coffee with soymilk and a lemon bundt cake. It didn't cost me anything because I still have a Barnes and Noble gift card from Christmas. I still could have just a had tea and honey though.

No comments:

Post a Comment