Saturday, May 15, 2010

Media, Edition #2: Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution Continues #1!

The six-episode mini-series in Huntington, West Virginia was just a kick-off for a nationwide effort to get better food into US public schools and change the American food culture. Oliver has been providing weekly updates on the movement (week 1 and week 2) and the Food Revolution is picking up speed. His online petition for better food in the public schools is inching towards 600,000 people. If you haven't signed the petition, do it. When you do, you can opt in to a weekly newsletter to stay updated on the Food Revolution branch of the US movement for healthier food.

The weekly newsletter also comes with an easy recipe to try: last week was an omlete, this week is a one cup pancake. Omletes are fantastic - they were the first things I learned how to cook when I was little. This pancake is going to be a bit of a challenge - I'll have to make some changes to make them AFF friendly and have them work at high altitudes. When I do get to trying them out, I'll post a picture and my adjustments. If you get to trying out AFF friendly versions, leave them in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment