Thursday, May 20, 2010

Confession, Edition #3

We all make poor food choices and I am no exception, so I am sharing the occasions when I break my own diet. In doing so, I hope to keep myself accountable in adhering to the diet; bring attention to the difference in cost between AFF friendly food and not-so-AFF-friendly food; and show where to find AFF-friendly food outside the apartment kitchen.

I’m on vacation until Saturday, but I also want to stay current. I've been fortunate to have access to my boyfriend's kitchen, so this confession isn't nearly as long as it could be.

On Sunday, I had been driving 2 1/2 hours and I needed protein. I stopped at the Barnes and Noble coffee shop and ordered a Turkey Chipotle Panini (gluten, dairy, non-organic, industrial meat, probably soy in there too) and a Tall Starbucks Drip Coffee (non-organic, dairy).

The Bill: Free (gift card)

I could have ordered the vegetarian soup to avoid the industrial meat (at the least), but that wouldn't have given me the protein I needed.

Yesterday, I broke the diet twice. For lunch, I met a friend at Pei Wei because he's moving cross-country today. I knew I'd be breaking the diet on my undergraduate alma mater's off-campus restaurant row, but I could have faired better. I got the Kung Pao Chicken (gluten, soy, dairy) and an organic green tea (nothing).

The Bill: approximately $10

For dinner, I met with boyfriend and his mom at a favorite local Greek food place. They serve complementary pita and hummus (gluten, dairy, non-organic). We got the pita and fried Saganaki (gluten, dairy, non-organic) and I got the Organic House Salad (nothing!) and the Lemon Chicken with Rice Soup (dairy, industrial meat, non-organic).

The Bill: Free (boyfriend's mom's treat)

Today, my boyfriend and I ate the cheesecake slice (non-organic, gluten, and dairy) he ordered at the Greek place.

No comments:

Post a Comment